In Nebraska, homeschooled families are NOT required to test. Many families, however, find testing to be beneficial. NCHEA is happy to partner with BJU Press Testing and Evaluation to offer the Nebraska Assessments from home.
When you test with NCHEA & BJU, the NCHEA will receive a group report (based on ANONYMOUS student data), allowing us to showcase to legislators the success of home-educated students.
- Choose between Online Testing OR Paper/Pencil Testing.
- Families that order their tests through NCHEA’s Parent Portal will receive a 10% discount.
- The opportunity to participate in a multi-state pilot testing initiative.
- View the FAQ.
There are many benefits of having your child take a standardized test through NCHEA and BJU.
Protect Homeschool Freedom
Establishing an Nebraska database of compiled scores lends credibility to the educational excellence of homeschool students. Because homeschooled students historically score very high, the larger the number of students tested, the more convincing our scores become to both legislators and the public.
Your participation is encouraged, not only for your own information, but to continue to safeguard our freedoms.
Learn Test-Taking Success
Following directions, relaxing under pressure, pacing oneself, and completing work in an allotted time are all great skills that can be honed through taking tests.
Testing can be a valuable preparation for college entrance exams such as the ACT and SAT.
Provide a Benchmark
Standardized tests indicate how your child compares academically to other children at his grade level.
While we do have the privilege of seeing our children learn on a day-to-day basis, it is beneficial to assess a child’s year-to-year development of learning.
We Protect Your Privacy
The charts of test scores shown to Nebraska legislators are combined scores of homeschool students statewide, never individual scores.
How do I participate?
Step One: Make a Testing Plan
Choose your dates and your type of test.
- View the 2023 Online Testing Schedule here.
- View the Online Testing Order Instructions here.
- View the Paper/Pencil Testing Order Instructions here.
Step Two: Order Your Test
Order By Phone
- Call BJU directly at (800) 845-5731 to order your tests.
- Indicate when scheduling & ordering that you are testing with the NCHEA.
- Setup your account on BJU Homeschool’s Parent Portal using NCHEA’s link.
- NCHEA’s ID number: GW6YK556.
Step Three: Take the Survey
- After assessments are purchased, your child(ren) will be assigned a 10-digit ID number. You will receive an email with a 10-digit ID number for each child you’ve purchased a test for.
- Return to NCHEA Fill out the survey for each participating child before testing is complete.
- Surveys returned after testing will not be included in the study.
Questions? Contact email@example.com