What We Believe
Our Statement of Faith
- God is a Spirit, and they that worship Him must worship in Spirit and in truth (John 4:24).
- God has existed from all eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, was God come in the flesh being fully God and fully man, yet without sin.
- The Bible (the 66 Books of the Old and New Testaments) is the inspired and infallible Word of God and constitutes completed and final revelation. The Bible, in its original autograph, is without error in whole and in part, including theological concepts as well as geographical and historical details. We recognize the Bible as the ultimate and final authority on what is truth.
- The Bible and the Bible only is the sole rule of faith and practice for Christians. We believe that all theological beliefs must be judged by its truth, and whatsoever is not in full agreement with it is to be rejected.
- All men are sinful, in violation of God’s righteous requirements and His holy character both by nature and act; therefore, they are under His wrath and just condemnation. The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was to pay the penalty for man’s sin through His substitutionary death on the cross, the successful accomplishment of which was attested to by His subsequent visible, bodily resurrection.
- Salvation is offered as a gift, free to the sinner. This gift must be responded to in individual faith, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, but in the shed blood and sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone.
- Jesus Christ will literally come to earth again in the second advent.